1. My health. There is some sadness, worry, and fear happening to people I know and love this week. I am ever so grateful for this body of mine that works. I have been spending way too much time whining about the weight I've gained, my ugly hair, and my jowls, when I should be rejoicing in the fact that I am a perfect specimen of health! Thank you, Lord.
2. Time out with Bill's sisters and sisters-in-law. We went out to dinner to celebrate the newest soon-to-be member of the family. Bill's brother Tim is marrying Beth in May. Hooray!
3. My Tommy. The kid cracks me up. The other day he said quite seriously, "I would give up everything I have to become an Avenger."
4. My mother- and father-in-law. Six years ago Bill and I went on our parish's weekend retreat. The following year we went again because we were asked to be on the retreat team. Now, this year we are on the team again. Guess who has babysat for all those weekends away? Yep, my in-laws. Not to mention the many weeks in total they babysat while I delivered babies. They are the best and such a gift to me/us.
5. Laughs. All seven of us had a big laugh when our dog (named Vader) picked up a lightsaber and started playing with Bill. The kids got the biggest kick out of that.
6. Bill's coming home in 2 days!! Bill has been working far away this past year and was coming home only on the weekends. It was 375 days ago that he started. But who's counting?
ME!! That's who. I'm so thankful the year is done; that we survived. That "absence makes the heart grow fonder" trumped "out of sight out of mind."