Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Another great weekend around here. If I had to describe the weekend in one word it would be "beautiful." On Saturday Bill's uncle got married. It was one of the nicest weddings I've ever been to. Of course the bride, the flowers, the dresses, and the banquet hall were all beautiful. But the best part of this wedding was the atmosphere. The spirit of love in the room felt palpable! I know that sounds like an exaggeration or that I drank too much wine, but really...it was!

The couple decided to split the tables....half the groom's side, half the bride's side. It was a great way to meet new people and share in the happiness. That's really the sense I got all night.....that everyone was so happy this couple was together. We never did get a good picture of the two of them, ( I was probably getting more wine!) but this blurry one still shows how happy they looked. I just love how Bill's Uncle Charlie is giving a thumbs up.

Another beautiful event this weekend was for my kids. My brother Jim and sister in law Kathy watched them while Bill and I went to the wedding. If I was my sister in law, I would have gotten pizza, popcorn, and movies and let them "have at it" all night. But as usual she went above and beyond and took my five, two of her kids, plus two friends to their local zoo for Boo at the Zoo!  A huge undertaking if you ask me! They had a ball. Kathy put them all in costume and gave them a great night. ( I'm sure Jim helped too ). Here is a sneak peak at Billy before his final costume was on.

Not beautiful, but pretty scary!

The kids were all dressed up today, so I got out the camera. Expecting to be there for 10 minutes manipulating and forcing them to smile, it was one shot and done! That has never happened.  I was glad it came out so beautifully.
And lastly, I had a Carrie Bradshaw moment on Friday. I just had to have these. Aren't they beautiful?


I hope your weekend was a good one too!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the wedding was nice and the kids had fun. Who is Carrie Bradshaw? You can SO pull off those shoes...me, not so much! Love the picture of the dressed up kids!

    ReplyDelete