Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Casting Crowns Concert

Bill gave me tickets to see the Casting Crowns concert on Friday night.  They are my favorite Contemporary Christian group.  He surprised me for Mother's Day with the tickets, had his parents all lined up to babysit, and I've been looking forward to it like crazy!  I have been wanting to see them in concert for a long time.

We traveled to the Delaware State Fair to see them. I teased Bill that I was going to listen to the music with my hands up and eyes closed.

Like this:

I spared him, but many of the concert-goers did this.  It was actually quite powerful to watch so many people into the music and the message it brings.

Opening for Casting Crowns was a band called Building 429.  They too were fabulous.  I didn't realize how being there would move me to tears.  The music is so uplifting and being there was like being part of a big, fun, musical prayer.  Loved it!!

The kids spent the day at Bill's parent's house and had a blast.  We all stayed there overnight.  They are so good to us!
Thanks Mom and Dad


And since Bill's parents live close to my Dad, we stopped to see him.

He's pretty great too!




Casting Crowns ended their concert with this song.  It's called "Until The Whole World Hears."  It is one of my all time favorites.  It reminds me of the "Prayer for Christlikeness" which you see on my sidebar.
If you have a chance, take a listen. 


3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I like the Casting Crowns too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Casting Crowns and that song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the girls , sometimes that cannot be helped as the music is indeed so powerful . I like them alot too , I also really like Fuzed and Chris Tomlin .
    wish I had known you were around here, I would loved to have seen you !!
    Glad you hada great time !! Loved the pics of the kids with their G-pop and the Grandparents too!!

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete