I want to catch up on some Spring happenings around here. It's been the usual whirlwind of events and activities. I always start out with the usual dread of how much needs to get done and then look back fondly on all of it because it really is all good.
I decided to break things down and write a post for each family member.
* I just have to post this picture of me from Book Character Day at the school I work at. We were to dress up as a character from our favorite book. I mustered up some courage and this is what I came up with.
This is funny for two reasons.
1.) most of the staff dressed up as their favorite children's book character, so I missed the mark on that one.
2.) I usually dress pretty boring, so no one really knew if I was dressed up or just wearing my regular clothes.
*I finished up my second year teaching 1st grade CCD. Billy was my aide.
* Speaking of CCD, we came home from there one night to find 2 black labs in our backyard!
* Mother's Day was a relaxing day with beautiful weather. I really wanted WaWa hoagies and have a picnic lunch and my request was granted. We went to the place where Ann recently ran a 5K (more on that later in Ann's post)--a park and fish hatchery.
* One of the Sexy Six's daughters graduated from high school and there was a big party. Food, dancing, and the Six. Fun, fun, fun. Added bonus...all 6 husbands were there! Good times.
* We welcomed another family member to the clan. Little Catherine Ann was born in March...on my Ann's birthday! She was baptized this month. Such a joyful day!
That about wraps up some of my happenings. The kids' stuff is really where it's at. More to come on that front in future posts coming soon.
Until next time....