Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Eve In Times Square

Wait, what?

Oh, yeah.  You read that right. 

Times Square. NYC on NYE. We had a blast.

There was so much goodness to the night.  We saw Bill's new office, had dinner with our close friends Mike and Mary Alice and their kids, and were treated to a special place to hang out, up close to all the excitement.







Here's a countdown at 11:59pm.


It was such a treat to experience this in person.  I've never been a big fan of NYE, and really dislike watching all the hub-bub on TV.  It felt completely different being there, but that is probably because we weren't with the general population and had bathroom access at all times.  AND, the weather was WARM!!  All pluses.

So, what say you?  Have you ever been to Times Square on NYE?  Would you ever want to go?

I wish you all a Happy and Healthy 2017.


8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    How absolutely exciting to be there on New Years Eve!
    Something I'm sure your little ones will never forget.
    Best wishes for a wonderful, blessed new year.
    Let's make an effort to get our families together this year, k?
    Too close not to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great fun! Thanks for sharing the video... even that little glimpse felt much more like "being there" to me than watching it on tv. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!?' Now way...how exciting. A New Years you all won't forget!
    Happy 2017 my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Cool is this??!! The last/first minute of the old/new years that will last for- EVER!! So glad I don't have to go now, this will do just fine! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never have...I've always wanted to go, although I don't like crowds. If I could watch it from one of those nearby buildings, warm and cozy... But I'm sure that's EXPENSIVE! Did you get to see Mariah Carey's disaster?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's amazing. It's the most awaited countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to NY and wouldn't want to on New Year's Eve, but you know, I'm a home body and love being home on that day! What amazing memories for you and your kids!! Wow....really looks like fun! I'd totally do it for the kids!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathleen! Wow! What a fun experience, and one not many from outside the city get to experience. I think if I had friends who were going, and I had bathroom access, I'd be all over it. It sounds like a wonderful night, and what great memories to create for the kids too!
    Loved the pics, thanks for sharing them!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete