Sunday, June 10, 2012

Feast Of The Body and Blood Of Christ

Today we Catholics celebrate the Feast of Corpus Christi.  This is where we commemorate the institution of the Eucharist at the Last Supper.


It is also the Fifth Luminous Mystery of the Rosary. (you know I had to tie the rosary into this somehow)

And He took bread, and when He had given thanks He broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body which is given for you."...And likewise the cup after supper, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."        Luke 22: 19-20.

The fruit of this mystery is Adoration.  Oh, how I love our Catholic faith and the true presence of Jesus in Communion.  Today was probably the first day I bowed before I received communion.  It had never been a practice that I grew up with, so I was reluctant to do it.  But if we truly believe in the real presence of Jesus, shouldn't we be kneeling?  Why did that practice ever change?  Can we change it back?

My friend Vicky has taken up the practice of genuflecting before receiving. It is said that it is often the first follower*, not the leader himself that starts a movement.  Maybe I can be Vicky's first follower in our parish.

For now I will step out of my comfort zone and continue to bow.  I pray I will learn what it means to fully adore Him and possibly one day shed my insecurities and pay Him due homage on my knees.


 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*first follower tutorial video

No comments:

Post a Comment