Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Carpe Tuesday!

One of the many blessings of my Catholic faith is the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.   Each Tuesday and every first Friday of the month my parish offers Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.  I have only been able to attend this on first Fridays while Matthew was at preschool.  Now that Billy is getting older, I am able to leave him "in charge" for short periods of time.  Today I decided I would Carpe Tuesday.....Seize the "day of Adoration."

I left all the children with strict instructions to call me only in an emergency, placed my cell phone on vibrate, and headed to church.  I usually will bring my rosary and a book to read, but today I brought a pamphlet that I acquired in a special way.

About 5 years ago I went to mass at my childhood parish, St. Laurence.  It was at a time that I had grown in my devotion to the Blessed Mother, but felt that I really needed to work on my relationship with Jesus.  While at mass that Saturday night I prayed about this.  After mass I came across some pamphlets in the back of church.  One in particular caught my eye.

It was just what I needed.  Inside are words that can jumpstart a conversation between you and Jesus.  It is a great tool to take with you to Adoration, or simply any corner where you spend your quiet time.

Today I was able to read through the whole thing before my phone started vibrating.  No emergency, just a wrong number. 

I did end up leaving church though, and going home to order 50 pamphlets.  It is my hope that some of you would like to have one.  If this is so, contact me by email (found on my profile on my sidebar) and send me your home address.

So, Carpe Diem
        Carpe Pamphlet
           and Seize the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dear friend! And you know I would love one, please! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so lucky to have Adoration every day, and I still don't take advantage of it :( Thanks for the encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love one Kathleen!! I will have to member this in a few years- great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete