Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Everyday Happenings

~ Even though it may have seemed like I was off on some exotic vacation because of the lack of posts recently, I was really just home here in good ol' Pennsylvania.

Not me.


~ The Fourth of July was awesome.  I love holidays like these.  They give you the excuse to chillax.

Tommy and I went for a bike ride.



Bill beat me in Scrabble.



 We got out the sprinkler and hose.



We got the kids sparklers for the first time.  We had them gather in a circle with their sparklers together.  Bill lit them all at once and since the kids didn't know what to expect, they dropped them and ran off screaming.  Most of them got over the fright, but poor Ann never recovered and only watched from the sidelines.




~ The kids' dinner-making has been slow this summer.  However,  Billy made empanadas last week and they were delicious.







4 out of 5 kids approved.
~ random shots of....

Basketball

Haircuts


Tempers



Silliness

Hideouts

Illness

Creativity

Vader

~ I'm getting my haircut tomorrow.  I had tried to do the "color in a box" thing, but I seem to be missing all of the gray!  I'm going to a new salon so this is the picture I'm bringing with me. 

Any thoughts?  Mary Kate doesn't like it, which is a little hurtful since I think it's my current style but longer.


~ If you're still with me, I would just like to mention that on my sidebar there is a spot to sign up to receive these riveting posts in your email inbox.  I know it's frustrating to check here and find I have not updated in a while.  Also, I've been hoping the count for my followers reaches 40 sometime before the year 2020.  So, if you'll notice, I'm following myself now, thank you very much.

~ I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my new background to go all the way to the top.  It's driving me CA-RAZY!

 **It's fixed!!  Thanks to Casey from Hot Bliggity Blog for coming to my aid.



~I hope your summer is going well.  Keep in mind, this post is 25% of what we are doing these days.  The other 75% is complaining, boredom, fresh talk, and me wishing it was August 26th!  Just wanted to keep it real, people.  Please tell me I'm not the only one.

9 comments:

  1. I love that haircut! And the photo of "temper" I know that one well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new background, and actually thought the 'going-part-way-up' was intentional. In fact, I thought it looked good and eye-catching and wondered how you got it to do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun, Kathleen...loved catching up with you guys! Can't wait to see your hair cut...please post, ok? And no worries...I will continue to check back here on you forever! Love, your bloggy stalker...ahem...friend! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was wrong. Your blog looks much better with the design all the way to the top! Love the pics - and I think the hairstyle is terrific (I know you'll look wonderful)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new blog look! I need to do something new with my blog.
    Looking forward to seeing the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pics and the new blog design! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!!! What a great way to catch up!! I love the new look and the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete