Wednesday, July 4, 2018

B-3

It has been so long since my last post.  I am happy to report we are all doing well.
There's so much going on around here so I think it's best to do quick post for each person in the house, starting with--

Billy, the Third.

This guy turned 18 in May.  Crazy, isn't it?  To think he was only 11 when I started blogging.


Turning 18 made him eligible to vote, too!  And he was happy to do so.


Also in May was the prom.  The junior and senior prom is combined and it coincided with the 8th grade farewell dance.  Here are the 3 oldest.  Busy night, but fun.


Billy went to the prom with his friend and coworker.  They had fun.  Pictures were taken outside the venue, which happened to be at Bethlehem Steel.  Cool backdrop in pictures other than mine that only seem to capture random people in the background.


The biggest event was Billy's graduation!!


What an accomplishment.  For ALL of us.  *ahem*

Graduation was wonderful.  I loved every minute of it.







A new tradition was started this year at our elementary school.  The graduating seniors were invited back to walk the hall with the 5th graders who are headed to middle school next year.
(This is the school where I am an aide and Matt is a student.)



Billy's 3rd grade teacher

Billy's 2nd grade teacher (and Matt's 1st grade teacher)
💓
We recently took Billy to Villanova University for a weekend retreat for incoming freshmen.
Most families dropped their kids at the front door.  But we embarrassed Billy by walking him to his dorm room.


Billy is currently finishing up his last few weeks working at Rita's Water Ice while simultaneously learning to transition to become a Midshipman 4th Class. There's a lot to learn and memorize.  He begins the college program for Navy ROTC in August.

We are all excited to see what the future holds for this guy.  





6 comments:

  1. This is an Awesome Billy update! He’s going to miss his family at Villanova whether he admits it or not! I haven’t checked the blog for updates in months. Glad I checked today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Billy! I have been thinking of all of you! I hope all is well! I would love to have you be a guest blogger on our blog! I would love to have a parent blog about the benefits of music (private and school music classes) on their child. Let me know if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this update! Can't wait for the others.Billy's prom...beautiful. His date is lovely and Mary looks beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! So many accomplishments and what a amazing future Billy has!! I am so happy for you as a mama as well. Relish every moment. It only continues to fly by in warp speed. God bless Billy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your firstborn!!!!
    What exciting times in your family and home.
    And you, my dear, are stunning!!!!!!
    Keep writing, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, this post made me smile...and tear up just a little! How is that these kids grow up...11 to 18 in the blink of an eye. Congratulations to your son on his HS graduation. It sounds like he has a bright future ahead of himself! So glad you dropped by my blog the other day. Glad to hear that all is well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete