Thursday, October 4, 2012

What Will They Remember Of Me?

On this anniversary of the day my Mom died I often think about the life lessons she taught me.  There are so many.  The two that stick out the most are "Never settle" and "Always stay true to yourself."  These have helped me navigate some important decisions in my life and I'm so grateful to her for that.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about what my children will remember about me when I'm gone. What important lessons have I taught them?  Are they armed with the tools they'll need to go out and face the world?

I figure the blog is the best way to ensure that they always remember me and what I think is important.  So Billy, Mary Kate, Tommy, Ann, and Matthew, may I present...

Lesson One:  The "Single, Single, Double, Double."  In social situations whenever music is involved, this dance move is key in fitting in.  You can switch it up, add some 1980's era hops or even the current "Dougie" dance move.  Make it your own, but at least you will be armed with the social coolness that I had.

Matt was around to help me make this video.  Notice he's telling me I'm "Looking good."  I know Matt.  I am cool when I do the Single, Single, Double, Double.  And you can be too.  Watch and
learn.



Let's see if they paid attention, shall we?





That's very good.


Lesson Two:  Making a fool of yourself on YouTube and/or a blog is totally worth it if it gets someone to laugh.





17 comments:

  1. Love it! You NEVER cease to amaze me...you are quite the dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh:-) I love how Matt is encouraging you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...my...gosh. BTW-your figure is KILLER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention...my favorite blog entry by FAR...who ARE you???!!! I've never been prouder to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids will certainly remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Kathleen! Nice thoughts about mom. She would be so proud of you. Also, was hoping to see big Bill do some dance moves too!! Love, Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  7. You? Totally ROCK! For more than this, of course, but I am in awe right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly made THIS reader smile! GREAT FUN! Where were you when I was 13 and needing someone to teach me to dance?

    (O yeah. You were not yet born)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Loved it!! xo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. It appears to me you're not waiting til dark for that glass of wine ! Just Kidding-Nice Work !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah!!! Kathleen, did you use those moves at the OD back in sea isle? I also do that hopping move, mostly at wedding receptions, great minds think alike!

    miss you and your crew! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waiting to see your Bill! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, Kathleen! Loved the video and your son cracked me up!

    Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it !! haven't seen your dance moves in years !!! looks like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! I can't wait to meet you--just a few weeks away!!

    Are you gonna bust a move at the party like it's your birthday party Thursday night??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Johnny and I just watched the second video at Gracie's because it wasn't letting me on my phone - Nice Work Boyz - I'm proud of Uzz Yo !

    ReplyDelete
  17. This Blog is still making an impact ! Started up the car on Tuesday and out of no where Johnny instantly starts singing "Single Single Double Double" - Yes - Good Time was on the radio. Nice Work !

    ReplyDelete