There are many things I am grateful for as this weekend comes to a close:
1. Spending time at a party with special friends.
2. Hearing that 2 friends survived a mini-triatholon in this HEAT!!! Congrats BK and VL!
3. Hearing that my other friend DL survived a teacher's certification test :)
4. Knowing my boys loved the basketball camp that started today. I was a bit worried about Tommy whose eyes bugged out when he heard how long the camp was each day and shouted, "6 HOURS???"
5. A cute "Tommy-ism" when he told us that when it was his turn to play XBOX he was going to play for "1 1/2 hours and 50 minutes!"
6. My painting project getting closer to an end. ( yes, I stuck with the green )
7. Best of all this story: Mary Kate took the altar server class a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit condensed to say the least. She had a one hour class and then was supposed to have two "sit-ins" at mass with the more seasoned altar servers and just observe. Today she was doing her first "sit-in" with her brother Billy, one of the scheduled servers. Her big fear was that one of the servers wouldn't show and she'd have to take their place. She was so nervous. However, we told her that big brother Billy would look after her and show her what to do. Well, guess what. She was right. It was trial by fire. Next think I know she's walking into the church with a candle in hand. She didn't look nervous, didn't act nervous, performed with much grace, and did us proud. What a beautiful sight to see the two of them up there together.
Thanks Billy for guiding her along the way. You are the best biggest brother ever!