Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

  When it comes to mothers in law, I've got the best. Today is her birthday and what I'd like to do is write a fabulous blog entry about her.  The problem is,  I'm not a great writer and I'd never be able to tell her in words about  how much she means to me.

  If I  were a great writer, I'd write something along  the lines of how welcome she's made me from the first day Bill brought me home to meet  her. I'd tell her that I appreciate her endless words of advice from the day I had my first baby up until last week. I'd thank her for raising a wonderful husband and father for me and my children. But mostly, I'd thank her for filling the void that was left when my own mother passed away 12 years ago. 

  When I asked the children what they liked best about Gran, this is what they said:

1. She's  a great cook
2. She's loving
3. She's nice
4. She's the nicest person on earth ( I had to swallow my pride on that one! )



 So, Happy Birthday Mom!! We love you.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your mother-in-law! Did you have to make me cry early in the morning? :-)

    ReplyDelete