Saturday, October 24, 2015

Knee Deep In The Hoopla

I imagine you are all excited right now.  You are probably:

1. ...glad to see I'm alive.
2. ...waiting to read about the exciting things going on here that has kept me away from blogging.
3. ...thinking it's going to be a post on Big 80's music because of the title.
4. All of the above.

The other day my brother texted me this.

It felt good to be missed.  Even if he was the only one who realized I was missing.

September is always a "kick my butt" sort of month, but it seemed to continue right into October this year.  It's all good, though.

When I heard the lyrics in the song used for the title of this post, I said to myself, "That's a good title for my next blog post."  I looked up the definition of "hoopla" just to make sure.

Hoopla: Excitement surrounding an event or situation, especially when considered to be unnecessary fuss.

There definitely was excitement and unnecessary fuss lately, but mostly taxi driving on my end.

Some highlights include, but are not limited to:

* Billy, who started Scholastic Scholars at his school.  He won't let me come watch the competitions, though.  I guess he thinks I will cause him to get stage fright.

Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge!

*Mary is finishing cross country this Tuesday, and is in the midst of football and parade season for marching band.
Needless to say, we don't see her much.


 *Thomas is also in marching band and jazz band and finding his way in middle school.



*Ann is happy we let her start the cello at school. It's almost as big as she is.



*Matthew just finished his first sport....soccer.  How pumped we all were at his first game when he "booted a screamer right into the back of the net!"  (that sentence was penned by proud big brother, Billy.)

Matt with his "coach"
*Bill celebrated another birthday.

Happy Birthday, Dad.


*I started my new part time job and I love it.  I am a teacher's assistant at Ann and Matthew's school.
Dream-come-true job, I tell you.  I want to tell you about it in a post all on it's own, so stay tuned.



That's a wrap on my re-entry post.  Now you can't...... "Say you don't know me, or recognize my face."

5 comments:

  1. Me! Me! Me!
    I missed you!!!!
    Just yesterday I was thinking about you!
    And you are missed, greatly.
    But you are doing your thing, my friend.
    And that is what you are supposed to do.
    But pleeeeease keep posting.
    Especially with those Brady Bunch references.
    Your babies are adorable. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. Missed not seeing the updates of a great family. Brother Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you but I know how crazy the fall can be with sports and re-acclimating to school AND the new job. Welcome back Babe'....I am glad to see the family is still keeping you on your toes. I also was able to see you and Bill in the flesh this September so, it was a great treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did our parents know each other or something? I have a sister named Kathleen and a brother, John :) I know I've told you that before but it always makes me smile! Great pictures of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you up and writing :) So when my kids where younger, like under the age of 8, I guess I complained to much about how busy they kept me. My oldest sister told me once, "Just wait till they are teenagers!" Her words haunt me. I have never been as busy as I have been these past six months. Trying to stay alive blogging, but dang! It's tough.

    LOVED the line from big brother describing the goal! Looking forward to hearing about your job :)

    ReplyDelete