Sunday, September 3, 2017

The Piccolo Solo

As you know, our Mary is part of her high school band.  She plays the piccolo.  It has been a dream of hers to perform the piccolo solo during their rendition of Stars and Stripes Forever.  The piccolo solo is usually played by someone in the senior class.  The piccolo soloist for this year was going to be unavailable for the first home game.  As luck would have it, she asked Mary to fill in for her.



She had been practicing for a month.  Her grandparents drove a long way to cheer her on. The kids were given strict instructions not to disturb me during the performance.   Ann was given the important duty of videotaping.  We were all set.

And here she is:


Isn't that the BEST??  Oh my goodness.

Proud to the MAX!

8 comments:

  1. I SO wish I could have made it !!! She was fabulous!! Please give her my love and tell her she was amazing !!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY Amazing. Way to go Mary. You have every reason to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen,
    Please tell your Mary what an AMAZING job she did!!!!
    And thank you for sharing this!
    It took me right back to marching band...
    I know how very difficult that solo is to play.
    I had a friend who played the saxophone, but was sooooo very talented and gifted in music, that he actually played that very solo because no one in the flute/piccolo section could do it. I was a clarinet, and never quite made it to first chair myself. But had fun!
    Anyway, it actually brought tears to my eyes, as I am sure it did to yours.
    Congratulations, Mary! And Mom too.: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!!! This brought tears to my eyes!! I'm so proud for her and I don't even know her. Woo Hoo!!!

    And you know that cross country pic I put on my blog with my daughter and some female team mates? Well... I thought the girl to my daughter's immediate left looked so much like Mary! (The fourth in from the left.).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was spectacular!!! Great Job Mary!! You're amazing!!! Ann did a great job recording too! It even had a video bomber at the end! ;-)

    Making Memories! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great job! You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete