Monday, July 18, 2011

Celebrity Status

  My husband returned Saturday after a week long trip to California. When he walked through  the door, you would have thought a celebrity was here. It was the best welcoming the kids had ever given him! As he stood there surrounded by the five of them jumping, hugging, smiling he looked up at me. It was one of those moments that takes your breath away. A feeling of "Wow! Our life is so great" Now, I can't speak for him, and I don't know if that's what he was thinking. For all I know he was thinking, "I just took a red-eye that was delayed 4 hours, I haven't slept in 24 hours, I need to get to bed." But, I'm going to assume the former.

  What he did end up doing was going to the pool so he could see what the kids learned at swim class last week. He encouraged them to take the swim test declaring,  "You guys can do that easy!" ( and all 3 passed and spent glorious hours on the water slide). He postponed sleeping again so he could visit with his brother, sister in law, and nephew.  He even suffered through the "chick flick" I was watching Saturday night. How he stayed up, I'll  never know.

  He might not be famous like Cliff Lee, Lebron James, or Selena Gomez, but he's our own personal celebrity around here.  ( Matthew wasn't so sure at the time this photo was taken, so he opted out.)


2 comments:

  1. That must have been so cool for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, fathers like this that work for the Kingdom of God are far greater celebrities than the famous people of this world :)

    ReplyDelete