Thursday, October 13, 2011

Prayers for Strength

   Sometimes it seems like we are surrounded by sadness. This week in particular many people I know are suffering. Some of my friends and family are dealing with upcoming surgeries, illnesses, and even going through the death of a loved one taken much too early from this life.

  I want to lift them all up in prayer today. I'm asking God to give them strength. I pray that they will see beyond the trials of this life and know there is a reward waiting for those who trust in Him.

  "Of this wisdom it is written, eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it so much as dawned on man, what God has prepared for those who love Him". 1 Corinthians 2, verse 9.

 The following song is a new favorite of mine. It's about finding strength.


 God Bless the Rush family.

4 comments:

  1. that's beautiful, Kath. It is a rough time indeed for our dear Tricia and her family. I know they will miss her so much, and they do need prayers for strength and healing.
    I'm sure she will appreciate this post, as will the other families who are also dealing with sickness and death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Kathleen. I don't know the Rush family, but I will pray for them. I also love this song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that's a beautiful song! So often we forget that we aren't meant to carry all our suffering alone, and the song really reminds us of how we are supposed to handle it. Praying for all those who are suffering now.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kathi! You are a treasure to us all but especially me.
    Babe'

    ReplyDelete