Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Jumping on the bandwagon with other bloggers for Thankful Thursday posts.

Here we go:

1. A parish that gives me plenty of opportunity to deepen my faith.

2. Jesus and His Divine Mercy.

3. A husband that works a long day, has a long commute, and comes home and says, "What can I do?"

4. Wonderful friendships with some really great women.

5. A new love of my blender, a smoothie recipe with spinach, and my kids actually eating it! (recipe below)

6. A washing machine that is working overtime these days and is holding steady. (I'm knocking on wood right now.)

7. A walk with an adorable 3 year old on a perfect sunny day.

8. A fenced-in back yard.

9. Afternoon cat-naps. ( sshhh, don't tell)

10. And as always....nothing heavy weighing on my mind. (knocking on wood again)

 Smoothie Recipe
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup spinach
1 banana
1 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
honey (optional)

Add juice and spinach to blender and blend well.  Add banana and frozen fruit and blend together.

To quote Matthew: "Mmmm, yummy-licious"

4 comments:

  1. Does that spinach really get chopped enough? I don't think we have a good enough blender to do that.

    Sounds great though!!

    Great thankfuls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful list! I'll have to check out this smoothie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smoothie recipe sounds really yummy and I like how you incorporate the spinach in there! :-) I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting you from jamies bloggy. Your family is super cute...and super healthy!

    ReplyDelete