Thursday, May 24, 2012

Good Buddies

Last week when Matthew was sick our good friends John and Mary went on a mission of mercy.  They headed to our house on Friday night.  With them they brought popsicles, Klondike bars, ice cream sandwiches, and a big balloon.  Bill and I were a tad frazzled as we waited for results from Matt's bloodwork.  John and Mary put a little cheer into our night.

Yesterday, Mary came over to watch Matthew while I went to a doctor's appointment.  You can read about it here.

I can tell you this.....Matthew does not enjoy being out of his comfort zone.  Whenever I tell him we are going to do something or go somewhere his first question is, "Are my brothers and sisters gonna  be dare?" ( that's "there" in Matthew talk). They are his security blanket, that's for sure. I was nervous how he'd be for her once I left.  However, he had fallen asleep on the couch when it was time for me to go and I didn't say goodbye.  Mary tells me that when he woke up he looked for me and then sat back down on the couch, perfectly content to be with her alone. 

It's no wonder really.  She's that person, while not a relative, might as well be.  She knows him like family, loves him like family, and he senses that.


And that is why they are buddies.

1 comment:

  1. I do love that little guy and his brothers and sisters!!

    ReplyDelete