Thursday, May 3, 2012

May Crowning/New Blog

Yesterday at Moms N Tots we celebrated with our own version of a May Procession.  Since it was raining outside, we had to do it indoors.  We handed out flowers to each of the kids and had them parade around the room.  We sang Immaculate Mary and ended with them leaving their flowers at Mary's feet  and had one of the little girls in the group crown her.



 We also read Luke 1, 26-38, a verse that all we mothers can find strength in. This is where Gabriel appears to Mary announcing she will conceive the Son of God. The verse ends with Mary's answer, "I am the servant of the Lord. Let it be done to me as you say."

With that being said, I'd like to share with you the story of my very good friend Emily.  Emily has been a member of Moms N Tots for a few years now. She is the mother of Joseph, 5 and Luke, 2.  She and her husband Chris have been patiently waiting for a third child.  Last year they suffered two losses through miscarriage.  Last month they shared their wonderful news of another baby on the way.  The joy in Emily's eyes was so visible.  A few days after this news, Emily found out she also has Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Emily, Joseph, Luke, and Grandmom Nancy


Through these last few weeks when I think of Emily I see a modern day version of Mary saying those words, "Let it be done to me according to your word".  She loves this baby above all.  She has accepted this cross with a grace I have never seen.  She is teaching me, and I'm sure everyone she knows, a great lesson.

Please pray for Emily and her precious baby. If you'd like to read and follow her story you can find her new blog here and also on my sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely pray for Emily and take a look at her blog.

    I love the May crowning. That is one of my very favorite memories from my childhood and I prayed and prayed to be the girl that would crown Mary, but I never was. I was in the procession and I loved seeing Mary wear that floral wreath during the month of May.

    I also love that we celebrate Mother's Day during Mary's month.

    ReplyDelete