Sunday, May 13, 2012

Surrounded By Love


Happy Mother's Day! 

As I was giving thought to a mother's day post, I could not help but think of the many women I have been blessed to have in my life, past and present. 

I would have to start with my own mother.  There was no better role model a girl could have.
 
I have been blessed with a mother in law who showers me with love and affection always.

I have one sister who is my best friend.  I would be lost without her.

I've had my 5 girlfriends since grade school who helped me through the thick and think of adolescence, the teen years, young adulthood, and motherhood.

I've been blessed with many sisters-in-law who fit right into my side of the family, or have welcomed me into theirs.

I've had one special girlfriend who introduced me to my husband....I'm forever grateful!

I have special friendships with women who have helped me grow in my faith over the last 12 years while living in this area. 

...and most recently, the friends I have made in the blogging community - How great they are!  We can all learn from one another, whether we are close friends, acquaintances, or passers-by on the street.  It takes a village, and I have been extremely blessed in the village in which I live.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

p.s.  Here's a special shout out to my good friend who gave birth to her 5th child today!! Congratulations Katie!!  What a great Mother's Day gift!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day to you, a mother who has raised a wonderful daughter that I am proud to call my daughter's best friend. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new picture !! Love the post too!! I am proud and honored to be one of the group who has known you pretty much since day one . I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh , and one more thing.. I love that the girls are holding hands in the picture !! so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new header!!

    You are so blessed to have so many wonderful women in your life!

    ReplyDelete