Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Birthday And A Graduation

Mary Kate celebrated her 12th birthday yesterday!! 

When I asked her if she wanted me to wake the 3 younger kids to sing and have doughnuts with her before she left for school she said no.  Her reason?  "I don't want all the crazy."

She was just happy reading her new Tiger Beat that was packed inside her new backpack.




Since she had to sacrifice her End of Year Track party for Matthew's preschool graduation, I told her we could all go out to dinner as a special treat.  While we were there I asked the other kids what they liked best about Mary.

Annie wasted no time in answering with an excited,  "She's my sister!"

Tommy: "She's a good drawer."

Matt: "She's a good babysitter at the playground."  (she's in charge while I watch the boys' baseball games.)

Billy: "She's energetic and playful."

For dessert we headed home to have Cherry Cheese Tarts.

When I was growing up, instead of a cake, I asked my Mom to make these for me.   When Mary heard about them, she wanted to have them too. 




Then we headed to Matthew's preschool graduation.  The jury is still out as to whether or not he'll be heading to Kindergarten in the fall....so I was able to keep my tears at bay.

Here he is in the rainforest being introduced
3 Day Morning Class- Matt is on the right, striped shirt.
Boy on far left not mine, but I think we have that same shirt.

Such happy events for a Wednesday!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter, Kathleen! What a great day she had...I can't wait to try those tarts! I am thinking Monday...thank you for sharing!

    And what to say about a preschool graduation? Sooo cute! The picture of your little ones is beautiful...it reminds me of my own childhood. My mom had a beautiful flowering bush exactly like that and we always had our pictures taken by it. I haven't thought of that in years!

    Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always seem to remember Mary's birthday the most , I think because she's the day after Alex. What a sweet young lady she is ! And how cute that she has a Tiger Beat Magazine! I had no idea they still even made that!! Happy Birthday to Mary !!

    Congrats to Tommy on his graduation!! How cute is he , seriously!!!

    Love you all~~~

    XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Mary is 12! Billy 13! Where has the time gone...and Matt...graduating from preschool AND going to be 5!! Seriously, I think I am getting old!

    Oh, and I LOVE not wanting the crazy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to a wonderful girl. I have always loved Mary for her desire for peacefulness. She has been so sweet since you first had her. What a joy she must be all the time!

    I don't know Matt as well butI love reading about his adventures and he has the most mischievious smiles (which make me crack up). You really are blessed-even on the difficult days :) Miss you Babe'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your daughter....I love her name. She is just beautiful!
    I love the donut cake idea. I think I may try that in June and July for Ray and Juliana's birthdays.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no idea why I wrote Tommy when I meant Matthew , also no idea why it took me this long to correct it, I meant to do it sooner ! Sorry, a little busy here these days !

    ReplyDelete