Sunday, May 5, 2013

Jim Thorpe, PA

We spent a weather-perfect day in Jim Thorpe, PA.  (hey, that rhymes!)

I did not want to go, but the boss said we'd have fun.  He was right.  He always knows when I need that little nudge.

Jim Thorpe is a small town about an hour away from our house.  The area is popular for white water rafting, hiking, and biking... I assume for mountain biking and also motorcycling, because there are always droves of motorcycles when we go there.

The area used to be a railroad and coal shipping center.  We thought we'd catch a ride on the train, but it wasn't running today.  It made for good pictures though.






  
We roamed the streets looking for an old jail, but when we found it, it was closed.  We still managed to find cool things though.







Of course the kids found a place that sold ice cream.  It was the most quaint little store ever!  

Rainbows End, Jim Thorpe, PA

It was filled from top to bottom with vintage things, like old fashion candies and collector's items.  So cute.  And of course, there was ice cream.


We ended the afternoon at this pretty spot. 







You gotta love spending the day in Small Town, USA.  (hey, I did it again!)

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect family day, Kathleen! What fun...the pictures are beautiful, the weather lookes great, and you are all togtether as a family. Perfect!

    I could have spent hours in that cute store...and I am sorry the jail was closed. That may have been better, though...because you all may have gotten locked in by an old prospector...and then you would have had to use your shoes to knock the key off the hook, and tie your socks together to drag it across the floor, only to get out and see that he has stolen your station wagon...

    But anyway...so glad you all had fun! Have a great week, friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Jo, I don't usually reply to comments here, but I laughed out loud at your Brady Bunch reference!! So hysterical.

      Delete
  2. I love Jim Thorpe!! It;s such a cute little town!! We take the kids white water rafting up there ! Your pics are great , looks like you all had a great time!!!


    PS.. since I am the dork that has the daily recording of the Brady Bunch ( yes, I really do and I make sure the kids watch it ) I love the above Brady Reference ! That was one of the best episodes !! I laughed out loud reading that !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love the pictures of the stone house. What a cute ice cream store.
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks so neat! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your fun adventure. And thanks for responding to Billie Jo's comment, lest some (okay: one) of us here would be left wondering what on earth she was talking about. Where was I during the airing of that episode?! Hmm. Sounds like time for me to catch up on some reruns....

    ReplyDelete